Arm balances are empowering yoga postures that help us build strength, balance, confidence and concentration. They’re also fun and, let’s face it, they look pretty cool too.
New to arm balances? No problem! This workshop is suitable for someone who’s simply curious, or for those of you who are ready for a new challenge. It’s an opportunity to bring a little playfulness to your practice. Hopefully you’ll surprise yourself at what you can actually achieve in a couple of hours.
In this workshop we’ll be covering:
- How to protect your wrists during your yoga practice.
- How to warm up, stretch, strengthen and generally prepare the body for arm balances.
- The correct alignment of some of the most popular arm balances.
- How props can help you get in to position and hold the posture with more stability.
We’ll be working specifically with the following postures:
- Crow (Bakasana)
- Side Crane/Crow (Parsva Bakasana)
- Eight-Angle Pose (Astavakrasana)
- Firefly (Tittibhasana)
- Scale Pose (Tolasana)
- Flying Pigeon (Eka Pada Galavasana)
Date and time: Saturday 11th May; 1400-1600
Price: 45.- / 40.- (student)
Teacher: Jessica Rabone
Facebook: The Pop-up Yoga Company